Thursday, January 17

Red Carpet Ready

      It takes a lot of effort to be "Red Carpet Ready" everyday.  For instance, every Sunday night I select 10 outfits from my repertoire for the work week.  I pick two outfits for each day from Monday to Friday.  The more options the merrier.  After all, variety is the spice of life.  Plus, I never know when I'm going to wake up on Tuesday and not want to wear Tuesday's outfit so I need to have backups.  My selections include everything from the clothing and shoes down to the specific pair of earrings, necklace and watch.  Did I mention that I have 5 Michael Kors watches?  That's right 5....rose gold, yellow gold, white and black ceramic and silver.  God knows that if I'm not wearing a matching watch that my look is not complete.  Ironically, some of my best outfits have come about by pure accident without any planning at all.  For the most part, however, I do meticulously plan each of my looks.  To ensure that every article of clothing in my wardrobe is part of a complete look I usually buy all the components of an outfit at the same time.  I very rarely buy just a t-shirt or just a skirt without something else to go with it.  Perhaps this is because I can't ever buy just one thing, but I like to think there is some method to my madness.  It has happened before where I bought a pair of shoes by themselves first and then had to build an outfit around them.  To me it is no reason not to buy a pair of shoes just because I don't think they'll match with anything in my current wardrobe.  If anything I look forward to the excuse to do more shopping!
        While this may seem like too much effort to most people to me it's fun.  I always look forward to my weekly fashion shows even if they're alone in my room and the only audience is me.  I may be 29yrs old, but I still like playing dress up like when I was kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment