Relaxed, easy, cool: three attributes that pretty much define what an ideal summer wardrobe should be all about. Making a return this summer, wide leg trousers came bearing those exact qualities, enhanced only by spot-on styling. Not to mention that nothing beats the comfort of loose pants- you'll have to agree on that!
As with most other fashion trends, wide-leg trousers may not be for everyone, but knowing your body type is key to selecting the right fit. Contrary to what you may believe, wide legged pants are not just for tall, twiggy women. If nothing else, they lend you a chance to achieve that long and lean silhouette by adding extra length to your body.
Keep these 10 tips in mind when selecting the right style for your body type:
1. High-waisted styles elongate your frame.
2. To accentuate your waistline or create the illusion of one, style the pants with a belt.
3. A high-waisted pair with a full flare also works in accentuating the waist.
4. Make sure the pants fit great at the top so as to accomplish the goal of lengthening your legs.
5. Pear shaped women benefit from wearing wide legged pants as they draw attention to the ankle, making the hips appear narrower.
6. Wear your wide-leg pants with wedges, stilettos or towering heels if you’re petite.
7. If you’re tall, style the trousers with pointy toe flats, ballets flats, lace-up flats or low heels.
8. Remember that the hem must barely touch the floor to create a long and lean look.
9. If your trousers are of the floor-sweeping type, wear them with open or peep-toe sandals.
10. Balance the volume with at least something form fitting at the top.
Not sure how to dress up your trousers? Take some style-spiration from the winning runway looks below.