In tune with this season’s emerging ’70s-inspired fashion trends, crocheted tops, vests, and dresses are popping up everywhere. Though crochet might have earned a reputation as an old lady favorite, there’s an easy way to pull off this trend and still look edgy and cool. With spring weather upon us, there’s no better time to try out this lightweight sweater material.
So what are you waiting for? Read on for tips and tricks for rocking this trend!
1. For a risk-free way to try this trend without going all-out, look for dresses with crocheted embellishments. Since crochet is already part of the outfit, it’ll be a no-brainer to style.
2. Love your fur vest but hate that the weather is now too warm to wear it? A crocheted vest will look great with almost anything in your closet as well!
3. Crocheted sweaters (especially cropped ones) are perfect for springtime weather. They’ll look great over a dress or a tank top and jeans.
4. For a really daring look, try wearing a bandeau under a crocheted top. Be sure to pair it with jeans or a conservative skirt to keep the look classy.
5. Don’t pair crocheted clothing with too other many “hippie” trends, such as wooden platforms, bell bottoms, a hippie headband, or a peasant top. One other hippie-esque item is fine, but rock too many, and you risk looking like you’re wearing a costume.
6. To keep from looking Grandma-esque, pair crochet pieces with tougher items like leather, denim, or boots. Floral print can sometimes look too delicate and girly with crochet for most people’s taste.
7. Look for crocheted scarves, beanies, and other accessories for just a pop of the trend.
Now that you have my tips and tricks, sashay into spring with my favorite crocheted pieces below.
|Ralph Lauren Blue Label|
|Dolce & Gabbana|
|Dolce & Gabbana|
|Oscar de la Renta|
|Elizabeth & James|